Welcome Forums Forums Outings Wye Valley Falconry

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

We have been offered a deeply discounted Photography Experience with Luke Mammott of Wye Valley Falconry.

The date Luke has suggested is 30th April 2023 which is a Sunday.

I am hoping that there is enough interest that we can run 2 sessions on that day so that everyone has chance to get some amazing images of Luke’s team of birds which include owls, Harris Hawk, Kestrel, Sakkr Falcon and the very entertaining Baz who is an European Eagle Owl who thinks if he can get somewhere quicker by walking why bother to fly?

The experience is split into static natural perches and then flying in an open field. Luke will always check that everyone has the shots that they want before moving on to the next bird.

The price is £35 per person payable in advance. Luke has asked myself and Gordon to collect everyones fees and then pay him direct in one lump sum. Hope that is ok for everyone?

The session will be held at a copse that Luke has access to in Hereford (seriously it literally is just up the road from the SAS base), I will get the postcode for SatNav as soon as I can.

Please let me know if you are interested in session 1 (10.30 – 12.30) or session 2 (1.30 to 3.30) and if you are able to offer car share for any member that would love to join in but does not have transport.

Luke has also reminded me that if the weather is too adverse (rain/wind/snow) that he has to consider the safety of his birds first and he will let me knows as soon as possible if the date has to be changed and he will then offer the next available Sunday…usually the following week.

On a personal note Gordon and I have been out 3 times on the Photographers Experience, we have done an Owl Handling and Flying Experience and of course we had the team at the wedding. We have never been disappointed and Luke is not only very knowledgeable about his team but he will also tell you about wild birds in the area  during your session.

http://www.wyevalleyfalconry.co.uk

Aztec - Harris Hawk

JaniceClark
      Participant

I am interested  in attending and would prefer the afternoon session if possible.  I would also appreciate a lift.

Janice Clark

dmhyett
        Keymaster

I would be interested in going Jess and would prefer an afternoon session.

Dave H

MarkJames
          Participant

I am interested  in attending and would prefer the afternoon session if possible.  I am happy to drive and give lifts.

Mark (James)

JaniceClark
            Participant

Please add Sandy Fothergill to the list for the falconry trip.  She is an Associate member of CCC with a particular interest in wildlife.  She would like the afternoon session and can give me a lift.  Thank you. Janice

kwilson
              Participant

I am interested in going , Jess. Please put me down for the afternoon session. Karin

lindaccc
                Keymaster

I’m interested and could do either session.

Linda

Ricardo
                  Keymaster

Hi Jess, I’m also interested and would prefer the afternoon session please on account of distance for me to travel. I’d welcome a lift with others 3-4 in a vehicle? I could drive to Cheltenham to meet up for a car share – as I only have a small, low 2-seat car, it’s probably better that I fit in with a larger share-group.

Rich

mwardle99
                    Keymaster

Hi Jess,

Please put me down for the Falconry day.

Thank you.

Mark W

Jess
                      Keymaster

Sorry guys drop the ball on the one a bit. With being unwell I barely know what day of the week it is let alone the date and it got away from me. Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my control the trip is postponed for the time being until I can arrange a new date with Luke.

Sorry for the last minute information.

Jess

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.