Welcome Forums Forums The Coffee Bar Wildlife becoming more urbanised

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The other evening at approx 8.30pm was a deer stood on the grass on the roundabout at Arle Court plus ive seen a large one stood at side of Golden Valley bypass. Is it the fact that with more building on green belt land and such that wildlife is becoming more urbanised. We have also red kites in the fields at top of our road that lead down to the M5. Sadly working in the job that i do we are seeing more and more cars that have struck wildlife . We have the police contract and repair the police cars and  im in process of repairing one of the BMWS they use on motorway etc that struck a deer not a pretty sight at all.

dmhyett
      Keymaster

A friend of mine was hit by a deer when driving his car between Gloucester and Painswick on two occasions. On the second it was more dramatic and resulted in his BMW being written off. The police had been called and my friend was still sitting in his car somewhat shocked when the local bobby asked if he was OK etc. He also said you can see the cars about 50 yds behind you; that’s where the deer ended up. The locals have appeared with there knives and and cutting up the deer into joints as this is a regular thing on this road. The drive is not allowed any of the road kill but anyone else is. He had the impression that the local policeman had already reserved his joint. At almost the same location my optician was struck from the side by a deer but she was less lucky as she was on a bicycle and end up in hospital. Deer and foxes are regulars where I live near The park.

Dave

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.