Welcome Forums Forums Photography – Help and Advice Photoshop Elements – reinstallation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I lost a hard disk drive last week and have had to rebuild the PC from scratch.

I have installed my PSE 14 and Lightroom 6 (I am quite happy with both of them and don’t want to subscribe to the new ones) but when I run them I am told that, “The serial number is already in use by the maximum allowed computers. You need to deactivate another computer within 30 days to use this product”.
      This, of course is impossible as I cannot use the old PC to delete it! Looking through the Adobe forums it would seem that I am not the only one! Can anyone tell me how I can (simply) deactivate the old one so that I can activate the new installation, please?

Here’s hoping.

Cheers.

John.

JohnC
      Keymaster

I can’t remember who gave me the phone numnber for Adobe Customer Service at the meeting last night, but whoever is was – many thanks.

I rang and it was very a very simple process to reactivate both PSE and Lightroom. There were no questions about them both being older versions (which he knew as he quoted them to me!).

Thanks again. I take back my (premature) thoughts about Adobe 🙂

Cheers.

John.

dmhyett
        Keymaster

John, I had not seen your post John or I would have replied. Anyway Roger has improved the forum so we can now see at a glance where there are posts. Incidentally, my advice would have been to telephone Adobe as you did. Clearly, what happened to you must happen to others. For myself I have installed the full Adobe photography suite on a Club Laptop but sign out after using it for say a demo. Another member can then sign in with their account and use.

Just one thing to bear in mind my son had a similar problem and it happened again but they then told him that that would be the last time; I guess they think once is bad luck; two is careless and three is very suspicious. Glad you are up and working.

Dave

JohnC
          Keymaster

Thanks, Dave.

Here’s hoping that I am not going to be losing any more hard disks in the near future. 🙂

I have toyed with the idea of getting the full suite but I don’t think I can bring myself to accept that should I decide to unsubscribe at some time in the future, the whole caboodle would cease to work.

I think I will soldier on with what I have for the time being.

Cheers.

John.

dmhyett
            Keymaster

John, I believe that what happens if you stop paying is that LR will mostly function. You will still access your photos be able to search and existing editing data will still be held, you can still import and export. You can even use the quick edit in LR but that is very limited. What you will lose is the Development Module, the map module and Mobile Synch. Of course, PS will also stop working.

I suspect that you may have already lost access the map module as Google would not let Adobe keep this facility for older version without charging. While Adobe could do this for the CC version, as they generate income, they have nothing coming in from the old versions. You are also missing out on a number of improvements for both LR and PS.

Dave

JohnC
              Keymaster

Thanks, Dave, but I think I will stick to PSE and LR v 6 for the amount of work I do on images.

Cheers.

John.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.