Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I have most of the Topaz software and used to have the free Nik but is seems to have disappeared over computer moves.  I understand that Nik have a new version with special price for 3 more days (£90).  An opinions on whether it would be worth buying bearing in mind I don’t do all that much ‘fiddling and diddling’?  I know many swear by Nik.

Linda

dmhyett
      Keymaster

Linda, I still have the original free Nik software and could let you have a copy. I have only used Nik Silver Effex Pro for most but not all of my B&W conversions. I have used Nik HDR Pro occasionally a long time ago but have used LR for all HDR in recent years. I do not find it as necessary to use HDR as much now given that modern cameras have very much improved dynamic range. The Nik software is now owned by DxO as as you have gathered and it has been upgraded and no longer free. Most comments I have seen on forums suggests that the upgrades are not significant so not worth the money if you still have the originals.

Dave

JohnC
        Keymaster

Was going to offer you the same, Linda but Dave beat me to it :-).

Cheers.

John.

lindaccc
          Keymaster

Many thanks both, a copy would be much appreciated Dave. I can’t see myself using much other than Silver Effex Pro either. The review I read implied this had been upgraded but not much else and suggested waiting till DxO does a more extensive upgrade before investing.

Cheers and Happy New Year

Linda

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.