Welcome Forums Forums The Coffee Bar Leica M11 – you must be joking!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

The latest publicity email I have had from WEX intoduces the new Leica M11.

It is not of any interest to me.  I enjoy photography but I think that £7.5K is a little over my budget.

The thing that really caught my eye (and the ‘you must be joking’ bit) was the Leica Carrying Strap at a mere £125.

I apologise to any Leica fans out there. Whilst I can accept the camera costing that much but £125 for the carrying strap?????

[Rant mode off.]

Cheers.

John.

dmhyett
      Keymaster

I just looked at a review. The camera looks more like some I threw away years ago; I do not like my new kit looking like it is 50 years old. I read a review and it has little going for it. If you change you mind John, and buy me an M11 for my birthday (no need for the Leica strap), I will sell it immediately as it will not measure up to my current rather cheaper cameras. Apparently, it has live view only which would not suit me.  If I was going to step back 50 years a large format film camera might be appropriate and just as expensive.

Dave

AndyR
        Participant

Still there again with Nikons newly announced 400 2.8 lens for its mirrorless cameras at a great price of ………….£13500 to go with a nice new z9 plus a wide angle and a general take anywhere lens not much change out of £20k plus makes the £7k for the Leica look like loose change.

dmhyett
          Keymaster

I am sure that there are some that are more interested in owning the best most expensive gear and others who are more interested in capturing pictures but there are probably some that cover both categories.

Dave

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.