Welcome Forums Forums Outings Friendly competition v Ealing May 16th

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Members of my old club in London (EHHPS) are coming to Cheltenham on Tuesday, May 16th for a friendly competition and an evening get-together.  I’d like as many of us to turn out as possible! The day is in two parts:

Part One:  Daytime

Shoot at Gloucester Docks and Cathedral. Time TBC but probably meet at the docks around 10am. We’ll shoot some pics, have a break then head off to Gloucester Cathedral for more pics.

Part Two: Evening

A competition in two parts, judged by Peter Gennard MFIAP EFIAP/d2. Venue: the Victory Club, Lypiatt Rd, Cheltenham. 7is for 7.30 start. Bar open all evening.

Part 1: Pre-selected images, 20 from each club, scored by Peter.

Part 2: Showing of images shot in Gloucester on the day. Discussion, no scoring.

Please come along and support your club. If you can’t make the shoot, come along for a fun evening!

dmhyett
      Keymaster

John, I only shoot Raw files so when are we to produce files suitable for projection and when will the pre-selection take place?

Dave

Johnclare369
        Keymaster

Hi Dave

For the first part of the evening comp, pre-selected images, we are using mainly pictures from the current set of competition images, as we did at Gloucester and Cirencester. David Adamson has selected them from that set. He did send them to me and asked about three images, which we sorted out.

For the second part, I guess most of us shoot RAW, though I may shoot RAW and jpeg for that day. I’m planning to do a quick rough edit on my laptop through LR. I don’t think any of us (and certainly not the Ealing people) will have perfect, competition-ready images for that section. That’s why I suggested a discussion of those images rather than a competition. I don’t know how many we’ll get through…maybe one from each photographer?  Hope this helps.

dmhyett
          Keymaster

John, yes that helps. I shall see if I can set my camera to capture Raw and JPEG.

Dave

Johnclare369
            Keymaster

Dave you can usually do that in picture format, or similar title.

dmhyett
              Keymaster

John, normally the Cathedral likes photographers like us (big cameras and tripods) to each make a donation. I usually give £5. There is also a Cafe at the Cathedral but no doubt others round and about.

Dave

Johnclare369
                Keymaster

Details for the Ealing visit:

Meet at The Candle sculpture at Gloucester Docks at 1030 Tuesday May 16th. Same place we met when Andy Roberts arranged the evening shoot a couple of weeks ago. We’ll spend a couple of hours at the docks then go to the Cathedral.

In the evening: Meet at The Victory Club, Burlington House, Lypiatt Rd, Cheltenham GL50 2SY. 7pm for 7.30.

First half is a friendly comp (images already supplied). Second half we’ll look at pics shot on the day from both clubs. No scoring in second part, but an interesting discussion. It may be a challenge to edit those pics in time, so we wont expected finished, comp-quality images. Just do your best and have fun!

Bring your pics on a USB stick. See location below.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.