Welcome Forums Forums The Coffee Bar Forum notifications

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Have just been having a browse through the forums and wondered about getting notification of new posts. I can see that where a post has already been made, as in this one, there is a subscribe button which presumably means once you have subscribed you get a notification of a new post. Is this correct? And following on, that presumably means that if there haven’t been any posts, there is no Subscribe button so you can’t get a notification? Have I missed something?
      Linda

dmhyett
      Keymaster

It appears that a topic with no posts at all cannot be subscribed to but as soon as there is any post you can subscribe at the top right. I subscribed to all topics with posts hence I did get a notification of your post.

Dave

JohnC
        Keymaster

Notifications.

I am confused (not much change there then!) about notifications and ‘Subscribe/Unsubscribe’.

I wonder if someone can explain how the system works.

At present I am subscribed to all the ‘Forums’ – and it gives me the option to ‘Unsubscribe’ at top right of the individual forums. However, it appears that I am not getting notification of new topics. When I go into a topic to read it, I get the option to ‘Subscribe’ to that topic.

I would have thought that if I am subscribed to a forum, I would get notifications of any new posting in that forum. It is quite difficult to subscribe to a topic that has not yet been posted! 🙂

Am I not understanding the system properly or is there a simple explanation to achieve what I am trying to – ie to get notification of any and every posting to the ‘Members Forums’?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers.

John.

johnm
          Participant

If there is no existing post to a forum surely the trick is to create a dummy posting simply to activate the subscribe function. Back out – go back in an press subscribe. Or am I missing something. Ideally of course, subscribing would be possible to an empty forum.

JohnC
            Keymaster

Hi John,

That, in essence is what I did.  I created a dummy entry on each board in the forum and then subscribed to them all.

I have a sneaking suspicion that my ‘subscribe’ sometimes reverts but not sure.  I’ll try to keep an eye on it.

Cheers.

John.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.