Welcome Forums Forums Modelography December Event

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I had hoped to fit in two sessions before Xmas, but for various reasons I am  settling on just one. Either on the 16th or 17th.

I anticipate this being with a model who has  experience with fashion brands. We will be at the Coombe Hill faem shop and antique, where  an open-side barn covering provides some shelter for an array of functional photogeneic ‘antiques’ . This should  provide a great posing background for our model. Also there is a beautifully restored Bedford van,  painted out in retro colous and chrome for an aunthenric fifties look. Morevover it serves coffee and cakes – which I am sure will be welcome.

I am unsure whether to pick a  Friday 16th  morning, say 10 to 1, which would preclude memebrs who are working, or Saturday 17th, whcih might clash with the last weekend of Xmas shoping. If you are keen to come  perhaps you could let me know your preference.

dmhyett
      Keymaster

John, have you chosen the model yet? What style of clothing as I can imagine a background with antiques suggests older fashions.

Dave

AndyR
        Participant

As discussed yesterday with you Saturday for me due to work etc. Trevor Hatton who i know and owns the van is a real nice bloke as is his wife and im sure will be most accommodating on the day and can highly recommend the cakes !!

johnm
          Participant

Yes , model is as anticipated. Link to pics will follow.

But I see no reason for the period of the setting and background items restricting the period of the model’s outfits. Indeed the various items are likely to range over decades if not centuries.  I suggest we allow ourselves the sort of flexibility that you’d see in, for example, Vogue.

Jess
            Keymaster

Hi John

Gordon and I would be interested in joining in, please add our names to the list please?

Also Annie Jenkins

Thanks – Jess

sorry – Saturday would be better for us due to my treatment schedule. Thanks

johnm
              Participant

Thanks Jess, you, Gordon and Annie duly added to the list.

That now makes it a full house, so any further names will go on a waiting list in case of drop outs.

On the assumption that it could be a tad chilly to hang around for the full four hours (10 to 2) I envisage people coming along for a couple of hours’ participation in the shooting, which would entail a group of five including one organiser at any one time – although I am sure you will all be sharing advice, help and ideas. Basically,  I have indicated to our hosts that there will be up to 5 photographers involved at any one time.

This arrangement will also mean we keep costs down to £10 to 12 ph.

I am hoping Julia, our model, will cope if we ply her with enough warm outfits and hot drinks!

I will be contacting people to sort out who prefers to be on the early shift, and who on the late.

There is a car parking inside the perimeter fence of the overall area. But as there are likely to be other customers using not only the open barn we will be using, but also an enclosed barn of antiques and artefacts, and the farm shop itself. So it might be wise to park just outside the perimeter fence on a bit of off-road grass.

If the weather turns too nasty  we might have to abandon or e.g. move to J9 studio about 20 minutes away. So I will try to collect everyone’s phone numbers.

John

johnm
                Participant

THIS EVENT IS NOW FULLY SUBSCRIBED. IF YOU WANT TO GO ON THE RESERVE LIST PLEASE CONTACT ME.  JohnM

Jess
                  Keymaster

Hi John

Just myself and Gordon attending. Annie has a prior commitment that clashes unfortunately. We’d like to be in the 12-2 group please

Jess
                    Keymaster

Hi John

Just myself and Gordon attending. Annie has a prior commitment that clashes unfortunately. We’d like to be in the 12-2 group please

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.