Welcome Forums John Clare – Porfolio Critique Dancing in the Park

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Dancing in the ParkRetro Americana, Pittville Park two weeks ago. The well-dressed couple were the stars but I  wanted to contrast them with the casually-dressed dancers. I also wanted to include the singer (called John Clare!). Given that the dancers were moving around it took time to capture them all lined up.Dancing in the Park

• This topic was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Johnclare369.
      dmhyett
      Keymaster

Yes, I was there on the Sunday and was drawn to photograph a particular couple due to their dress. We can see the band and singer so we know there is music and the swirling dress shows the movement so clearly action. They are all positioned well as you intended so not sure I can think of a criticism. Of course a real judge  would have to criticise in a competition unless it was the winner.

Dave.

DavidAdamson
        Keymaster

I agree with Dave that the picture tells a story and that you did well to get everything lined up as you wanted it. I did find however that my eye was immediately drawn to the steps at the rhs and the bright area above them. Not sure what you can do about them as cropping would take you too close to the singer.

Best regards,

David

Des
          Keymaster

Hi John, very well captured.

For a competition shot I agree about the metal steps, the only thing would be to manually clone them out, and while you’re at it remove the C30 on the left edge 🙂

But for a non-competition shot I wouldn’t bother as it currently shows reality.

Cheers, Des 🙂

Johnclare369
            Keymaster

Thanks all of you! Good point about the stairs. See re-edit below.Dancing in the park 2

dhaigh
              Keymaster

I wasn’t too bothered by the steps but their removal does tidy up the image.  A good image

David

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.