Welcome Forums Forums Photography – Help and Advice Colour balance change

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I have just exported a file from Lr to an external  Hard drive, as I usually do for pics to be used in competitions.  On opening it into PS or Google pics, the blue sky in the image has turned grey.  I’ve tried saving both as Adobe RGB and sRGB but that doesn’t make a difference.  It doesn’t happen to all exports so I’m flummoxed.

Any suggestion as to why this happens or what I’ve done to cause it!?

Linda

dmhyett
      Keymaster

How do the images look just using the browser as would be the case if we were looking at Annual Challenge entries. I understand that we should use a colour managed browser like Chrome. If you have exported your images using LR export, can you still view the images in the LR Library and, if so are they OK then (I always tick “add to this catalogue” so I will be able to see them)? I cannot think of anything obvious. I certainly use LR export to resize, convert to sRGB and save as JPEG. I notice that this topic has come up on the Adobe Forum but seemed inconclusive as it was unclear whether those who had the problem had calibrated their monitors etc.

Dave

lindaccc
        Keymaster

Thanks for replying Dave.

I have now reimported the image in question  and there is a difference between the appearance in Library and Develop mode.  It is exactly the same as the file I exported.  So the view in PS or browser looks like the version in Library not Develop.

I’ve just been checking and all images in Lr are showing a difference between Library and Develop mode even those that I have not edited. The Develop mode shows more saturation and clarity, possibly oversaturated possibly.

I haven’t done much in Lr recently and am wondering if there could be some connection with the fairly recent update.

I will send you a word doc with two screen saves to show the difference I am experiencing.  (Don’t know how to convert to jpeg to attach here, sorry)

Linda

dmhyett
          Keymaster

Linda, I have now located the link which covers pre-sets for LR.

Link

I cannot be sure it will help you but it did lead to a solution for me.

Dave

lindaccc
            Keymaster

Problem solved!

Thankyou for your help Dave.  I followed the video in the link Laura Stone link you sent and although it didn’t seem to answer my problem – I didn’t have any presets –  it got me thinking about monitor profiles.  I went on the Lightroom Queen site and found the answer to someone’s query about Library and Develope not matching.  On checking the Colour Mangement  control panel, I changed the profile from the Dell default to sRGB IE61966-2.1 .  And voila – everything back to normal!

So thanks again Dave – I can sleep easy tonight.

Linda

dmhyett
              Keymaster

Glad it is solved. It may be that other Club members can benefit from this thread.

Dave

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.