Welcome Forums Forums The Coffee Bar Cheltenham Night Photography

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey all 🙂

Just wandering if anybody has any good spots in Cheltenham for some night photography, I’m looking for lots of lights and long exposure … Also does anybody know where you can get quite high up, or any building where I can get permission to get on the roofs?

The dream would be to get up on Eagle Tower but I’m not Spider Man 🙂

dmhyett
      Keymaster

Ross, we have had a few club night photography shoots around Cheltenham. Around Montpellier is a strong area with the Rotunda and Queen’s Hotel normally floodlit. Usually in February every year many other buildings are floodlit so worth considering. There are also some floodlit modern buildings along Jessop Avenue. Getting high up is more difficult. you can go onto the top level of the car park in the Regency Arcade but no very attractive views. I have always found it frustrating in Cheltenham to find a higher viewpoint for photography so hoping that there will be some more useful replies.

Dave

AndyR
        Participant

Maybe its time we had another night shoot be good to see if our new members are interested, one place althou again not very inspiring is the Honeybourne cycle path overlooking the Tescos junc and obviously the bridge and such. Maybe also could get someone to do a bit of modelling etc under the lights etc. Now would be a good time because its dark early and its still quite mild (famous last words) prob be minus 10 by end of the month.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.