Welcome Forums Forums The Coffee Bar Anyone else been suffering? Reply To: Anyone else been suffering?

dmhyett
Keymaster

Andy before Xmas in mid/early Dec, my wife developed what was called a “Super Cold”. It was the worst cold she had ever had and included coughing but not as bad as you describe. She tested negative for COVID but was not given any treatment bar the usual paracetamol/cough medicine. With Xmas coming up and expecting to host children and grand children, after the 2020 failure, we were keen that I did not catch it. I wore a mask as did my wife whenever we were in the same room and we had to continue this for 2 weeks but I did not catch it which left me with a good impression of the effectiveness of PP2 masks.

Just after Xmas I did develop something which started as Asthma which I do occasionally have problems with this time of year (all COVID tests negative). After a few days it appears to be developing into Bronchitis so I contacted my G.P. who saw me an hour later and confirmed Bronchitis and prescribed Antibiotics and steroids. It all cleared up within a few days. According to my G.P. notes which I can now access on-line it all started as an allergic reaction which triggered the Asthma and so on.

It has been suggested that being locked down much of the last 2 years, while protecting most of us from COVID, has left us more vulnerable to common bugs which gave us less problem in the past. I have heard of many now who have contracted Omicron with similar but milder symptoms to yours so perhaps it was. I hope you are both recovering now.

Dave